Letters between Basel Mission & Allied Military Permit officer Amercian Section: Regarding passport application for missionaries in China & their travelling permit to stay in Switerland & to be repatriated to Germany.
作者 : Mr. William E. Beauchamp & Mr. M.B. Lustgarten of Allied Military Permit officer Amercian Section
Letters between Basel Mission and Mr. William E. Beauchamp Jr, Allied Military Permit officer, & Mr. M.B. Lustgarten, Acting Allied Military Permit officer, of Allied Military Permit officer Amercian Section:
1) Mr. Beauchamp reply BM巴色差會’s letter of 28 Jan 1949 regarding passport application for missionaries in China & their travelling permit
2) BM巴色差會 reply Mr. Beauchamp that missionaries still in China and they have only permission to stay in Switerland for four weeks, and hence need their help
3) Mr. Beauchamp reply BM巴色差會 that Stuttgart Office of Military Government shall take this matter up
4) Mr. Lustgarten reply BM巴色差會 about the documents and procedure required for missionaries still in China who wish to be repatriated to Germany with a single entry permit for the US Zone
5) “Confidential內部” information from Canadian Catholic Bishop of Saepingkai in Manchuria on 31 May 19??(1949?), reporting 48 foreign priests imprisoned in rigorous conditions after the liberation of Szepingkai in March, 1948; and the Bishop also report that there are Swiss prisests at Tsitsikar ten of whom have been in prison for years whose treatment is less rigorous than formerly. The Bishop is sure that the intention of the authorities is to get rid of all missionaries in the end and it is easy enough for the missionaries to get permits to leave for good.